Out-of-weather use – out of direct sunlight and rain
Enhance the inherent depth of character and colour of Western Red Cedar with a satin finish.
- A premium professional, commercial grade finish.
- Environmentally friendly with no VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- UV resistant.
- Clear Satin and Pecan Satin available.
- Maintenance-free finish.
- Internal and out-of-weather applications.
- Hemlock has an even texture, giving a consistent finish.
- Consistent colouring.
- The combination of striking colours and satin washes on Hemlock are a designer’s dream come true.
- In-vogue colours and matte washes on Hemlock to help you reflect the sun, surf and beach.
External use – timber used outside needs easy maintenance
Many architects use Western Red Cedar exclusively for painted applications because it stays flat and straight like no other, giving a perfect, consistent finish.
Cedar Sales offers a pre-priming service for external cladding, providing a high quality, external grade undercoat before it’s delivered to site for installation and painting.
- Achieves clean, sharp lines and a long-lasting professional look.
- Using Western Red Cedar for painted applications avoids minimises warping or twisting, and pulling of nails.
Cutek® is a proven penetrating oil, with Colortone additives, for external timber products.
- Cedar Sales offers a two-coat process applied at the plant using Cutek® Clear. It is recommended that a pigmented coating is applied on-site for additional protection after installation.
- Easy to apply without the need to sand.
- Doesn’t peel or crack.
- Works by penetration rather than by forming a film.
- Provides long-term weather protection, stabilises timber and repels moisture.